This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 04.04.2022. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Corporate Centre
Position Title : Young Professional in Training
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Fac.Lead&FuncDe
Location : Esselenpark
Reporting To : Senior HR Business Partner
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 6003953
APPLY HERE NOW
Transnet Academy is looking for dynamic and recently qualified graduates for a two-year programme (24 months programme).
The main purpose is to ensure the success of Transnet Academy by producing quality work on time and actively participating in the execution of internal unit roles.
The Future Leaders will be trained and exposed to the following:
→ Leadership & Functional Development
→ Governance, Compliance and Quality Assurance
→ People Management
→ Research and Analysis
• Delivering specific tasks within a work-stream/department
MORE LEARNERSHIP & INTERNSHIP
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
• Reports to Mentor and Line Management
• Allocation to project work.
• Take work briefs / instructions from Mentor and / or Specialist to structure work required to produce specific project deliverable.
• Execute project work tasks effectively and efficiently as an individual and collaboratively.
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, including interviews with client personnel, key market players and industry specialists, to generate required information to fulfil project work tasks.
• Produce MS Office Word and / or PowerPoint format reports that communicate deliverable in a clear and logical structure.
• Produce quality work that can be used as input to developing most appropriate project solutions for the client.
• Support of internal initiatives to achieve Transnet Academy operational excellence e.g. Knowledge Management centre.
MORE LEARNERSHIP & INTERNSHIP
Qualifications & Experience:
• National Diploma, Bachelor Degree/BTech in the following disciplines including but not limited to:
→ Business Management
→ Logistics,Transport / Operations
→ Security Studies
→ Politics/Political Analysis
→ International Relations
• Valid driver’s license.
• Problem-solving, being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner.
• Must posesses entry level project management skills.
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees and stakeholders
• Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skilfully gather and analyse information.
• Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
• Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
• Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056