WE HAVE AN EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR:
EPWP: Traffic Warden: Public Safety: Short Term Contract
• Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM HERE
• Complete online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
• You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide membership number and expiry date
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Do not forget to register your cv on our database here REGISTER
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Public Safety (JMPD) Department has the following short term contract opportunities for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
DESIGNATION: EPWP Traffic Warden
REMUNERATION: R3 800pm (no benefits)
LOCATION: 22 Village Road, Wemmer Complex
• Grade 12 and driver’s license
• Will be trained as Traffic Warden
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To patrol an area as assigned for the enforcement of general law and order in terms of National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Assist in prevention of Crime and Maintain Law and Order to ensure the Execution of Duties based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Enforce and execute the provisions set out National Road Traffic Act, CoJ By-laws to ensure Public Safety Service Delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Participate in community related services to ensure public safety service delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles.
• Assist in executing crime prevention functions to ensure public safety delivery based on the Batho Pele Principles
• Act with Integrity
• Knowledge of the City’s By-Laws
• National Road Traffic Act
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.
Contact People: Zandile Mgambi
Tel no: (011) 490 7160