Role title Ward Clerk / Ward Secretary
Division Akeso Division
Reporting structure Nursing Unit Manager
The Ward Clerk / Ward Secretary is responsible for full co-ordination of all administration within the Ward /
Nursing Department. The Ward Clerk/ Ward Secretary is also responsible for receiving all new patients,
visitors, and doctors in the ward and to make them feel welcome. The incumbent will further be required to
assist the ward staff and the Unit Manager.
- Read Tips for a Successful Interview
Answers the telephone in a friendly and professional manner and deal with enquiries.
- Take messages and communicating these to the relevant staff members / patients and doctors
- Admit the patient into the ward
- Ensure all new admissions are on the patients name board with the time and date of theatre
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 Qualification
- Please note that reference checks for internal applicants will be conducted with the applicant’s current
and past Netcare direct line managers and the relevant Netcare HR Managers. Therefore, employees are
encouraged to discuss internal job applications with their direct line manager to ensure that the line
manager is aware of the application.
- The terms and conditions of employment relating to the function you have applied for will be based on
those in the Division within which you will be employed.
- If a candidate has any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the
candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are
consenting to the information being processed for possible recruitment and selection purposes only or
for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself,
and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We
confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior
- If your application is not successful, we will retain your CV and other information provided on our
electronic system for 12 months. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the
aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection, and we will immediately securely destroy your
- Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted
within 30 days of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.
Netcare is an equal opportunity employer
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the
recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the
recruitment of people with disabilities.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to
Closing date: 30.11.2023
Location Akeso George Clinic