Department of Health is hiring,
- Read Tips for a Successful Interview
- Minimum of Grade 10 or higher
- Previous cleaning/laundry experience in a hospital or clinical setting preferred
- Knowledge of customer service, self-motivated and driven
- Ability to read, write, and work well in a team
- Must be available for shift work
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean lockers, steel dust bins, and basins
- Proper use of cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Clean and sanitize toilets, with regular checklists throughout the day
- Replace hand towels and refill soap bottles in various areas
- Clean lockers, bedsteads, curtain rails, and trolleys
- Perform terminal cleaning and disinfection
- Clean machines, mop units, buckets, and other equipment
- Ensure proper storage and safekeeping of cleaning materials
- Complete laundry duties
- All applications must be submitted online via the E-Recruitment portal: http://professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za
- Hand-delivered, faxed, or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please send questions to email@example.com. Along with your application, you must include a fully completed and signed new Z83 application form.
Department of Health is hiring You can get this form from any Public Service Department or download it from www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. Additionally, please provide a recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). Applications that do not include proof of a new Z83 application form and a detailed CV will not be considered. When applying, please make sure to indicate the post reference number. If you are shortlisted, you will receive communication from HR regarding the submission of certified copies of your educational qualifications and other relevant documents. These copies must not be older than 6 months and should be submitted before the day of the interview. If you have foreign qualifications, it is your responsibility to have them evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). You must also include an evaluation certificate from SAQA for all foreign qualifications. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will receive correspondence. Suitable candidates will undergo vetting and pre-employment suitability checks, which include criminal record, citizenship, credit record, qualification, and employment verification. In some cases, candidates may be required to take a skills/knowledge test. Recommended candidates will undergo medical surveillance. The Department aims to promote representivity in the Public Service, taking into consideration race, gender, and disability, when filling these posts.
Attention: This position will not be filled. Kindly note that the Public Service does not require any fees for submitting job applications. If you are requested to pay a fee, please report it to the authorities. We strongly encourage individuals with disabilities to apply.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: STEVE BIKO ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date: 17-11-2023
- Do you possess a minimum of Grade 10 or higher?
- Have you gained experience in cleaning or laundry within a hospital or clinical setting?
Department of Health is hiring Important Information:
Considering the high volume of applications we anticipate receiving, we will not be able to acknowledge each one individually. If you have not received a response within 3 months, please understand that your application was not successful.